Wednesday, September 8, 2010

FYF and the weekend

Went to the FYF festival this past weekend.  I didn't know any of the bands in the lineup but still had an awesome time.  It was at the Los Angeles State Historic Park (I recommend taking public transportation if you're ever headed to that area).  I parked a good 10 minute walk away which was fine, but places were charging 20 dollars for parking,  almost the same price as the tickets to the festival!!!!
Bands that I fell in love with are: Best Coast, Panda Bear, The Rapture, Cold Cave, Local Natives.  I'm a big junkie for music, so new 'fresh' music always make me happy.
I wasn't too in love with Sleep (hard metal band).  I felt my brain melt away but it was surprisingly soothing at some points.... Also saw the hottest metal couple in the crowd.  I don't think I can dance like metal rockers with the head banging, I'm more of a hip swaying kind of gal.
Also, my girlfriend and I both had heat stroke because we didn't eat a proper meal that day and were just under the sun, so we had a moments rest under the shade.  I don't know how we did Coachella, but I guess I put myself in the right mindset when going to the 3 day festival.  Not ready for burning man yet.

Didn't go to crazy this Labor Day but hung out with the little sister.  Went to see Scott Pilgrim VS. the World.  It had a video game like quality to it that made me fall in love.  I couldn't help thinking of Speed Racer and Zombieland. Those kinds of movies make me feel like i'm 8 again... and I'm always making my way back into my inner child.
Other than that... I've been hiding under the covers...

No comments:

Post a Comment