Friday, May 7, 2010

This time I'll be bulletproof

My MP3 connector broke recently and I've been listening to the radio a lot more often and they've been playing songs of artists that I saw in concert and I have to say that I've fallen in love with La Roux and The Temper Trap. 

I had no idea who she was when I went to see her at Coachella, someone on the radio was like you should definitely check her out.. and I'm glad I did.  She kind of looks androgynous like if Clay Aiken and Tilda Swinton were to have a child... it'd be her... but I'm glad that there's a whole 80's revival in today's music ranging from Lady Gaga and even just the Madonna episode of Glee.  I <3 the 80's!!!

 I also love Temper Trap because I think he's the first Asian guy I though was really hot.  He's the lead singer in the band and his performance aura was so powerful.  I was really moved.  I loved them in person at the conert... and I've started listening to their music on lala.com and I really like them... Falsetto for me is usually a turn off for me in music unless its Thom Yorke... but this guy i can deal... so go Temper Trap! (also this picture doesn't do them justice... they're really cute in person)

However previously i've been in a rut with music because I was only listening to Ke$ha and Rihanna and got musicly depressed...
Exhibit A)

 and Exhibit B)

So i'm glad i've found new folks to keep my music library company.

On a random note I was searching for the 80's song Major Tom and I couldn't find it on itunes or lala.com because they only have the German version.  I didn't even know that the song was originally German.  I guess it's just a fun surprise as 99 Luft Ballons was.
I <3 the Germans (sometimes)... and I <3 the 80's (music not the fashion).

And I might be taking an aerial suspension class with my girlfriend Ara this Saturday... I'm very excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment