Saturday, April 24, 2010

Weddings

A couple of months ago, J and I went to her High School friend's wedding at a remodeled vintage auto garage that is now a 'Green Venue'.
A photo of the Marvimon Venue
via Prairie Mod


I was surfing the web and I stumbled across this blog called snippet & ink and saw a post of a 'real wedding' that took place in San Luis Obispo. You can see all the photos from the event:
Brooke & Raf's Wedding
Their wedding was very simple shabby chic at their house, and the bride, the groom, and their families all participated in preparing for the wedding by making their own invitations, dessert (she had her friends bake all sorts of cupcakes), gifts for the guests (cold processed soaps and a mix cd), and bought local flowers for the arrangements.

Weddings don't have to be outrageously extravagant and expensive.  Brooke & Raf's wedding captures the most important thing about weddings, having families and friends come together and participate in the union of two persons.  I feel like with all the wedding reality shows like Bridezilla and all the celebrity weddings we've been seeing, the essence of marriage and its celebration has been lost in translation.

I hope when I get married  I have a ceremony similar to theirs ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment