Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Back from Coachella!

This year, the good people at Coachella decided that you can only purchase a 3 day pass instead of buying a ticket per day.  I thought I could handle being out in the desert for 3 days from 11AM to 3AM in the morning... but that sure takes a toll on my body.  Unlike last year the weather was a lot cooler (thank the gods) and I mentally prepared myself for three days of chaos.

But before heading out to Indio, my girlfriend and I went shopping to find some appropriate clothes for the weather.  Something that would work in both 60 degree and 90+ degree weather, easily accessible to port-a-potty (aka no playsuits/jump suits/or long maxi dresses), dance appropriate (wouldn't want the girls to fly out mid jump), and something cute so one could bring all the boys to the Coachella yard... (and believe me there were many a boys)!

So we just got a couple of summer dresses from H&M and Forever 21... because we felt like they would get disgusting after 16 hours of sweating from the sun and serious dance partying.  Our outfits worked out great because I paired all my summer dresses with a scarf that could easily turn into a shawl once the sun set and the freezing desert temperature set in.  Also, there were so many people that body heat helped with the coldness.

Here are the trends/themes of what girls were wearing this year to Coachella:
Crop tops, cut offs, summer dresses, bikinis (only), bikini tops paired with cut offs, body paint, and tunics.  The outfits were a lot more conservative this year compared to last year...  Although most girls were still scantilly cladded... there was way more exposed girls last year... 

I'll be posting pics once I find my connector thingy...

No comments:

Post a Comment