Saturday, April 24, 2010

Soap Packaging

As we are busy working on launching our e-commerce website, we are also designing a line of organic natural soaps for every body.  We're right now researching packaging and I discovered this blog called www.lovelypackage.com
I've always forgotten how much I enjoy perusing down the aisles of drugstores, beauty supply stores, department stores, etc... happily decorated aisles full of products all promising a happier life.  I always underestimated the power of packaging, the color combination or the design of the packaging can emulate a certain lifestyle and completely alter what the actual product is.

But it's been challenging looking for a packaging because there are so many beautiful options.  But because we are going back to the basics with our soap line, it makes sense for the packaging to be simple yet elegant.

Here are my favorites:

Boots Original Packaging


Detaille Paris


Perricone MD (it would be interesting to have all the ingredients on the package like an olive tree/branch/or a couple of olives and the package)


You Smell... the name just makes me gigggle... I like the old vintage style labels on this product.

What do you guys think?  Any recommendations for looks, scents, or textures?

No comments:

Post a Comment