Thursday, April 8, 2010

Romance in Central Park

The sisters and I went to Central Park to enjoy the lovely 80 degree weather.  After having a lovely picnic and experiencing Shake Shack for the first time in my life (it's pathetic because I used to live near Madison Square Park for a year, but refused to wait in the long lines).  It's no In N' Out Burger but their shakes are delish!!!
(image taken from Ruby Press rubypr.com)

I ordered the Shroom Burger (the vegetarian burger) with a side of cheese fries and a malted Black & White Shake.  The burger was alright and the cheese used on the cheese fries tasted like Velveeta (cheese in a can taste) but the shake was pure heaven!


This was also the day we purchased supplies for soap making.
So we sat in the park and was solicited by some Brazilian tourists and then we did the same with some French sailors from the Jeanne D'Arc.  Their uniforms were so cutie because they had fluff ball on the top of their hats and cute sailor outfits (just like in Popeye). 

Popeye VS Frenchie


 I think the Frenchie would win the verbal battle...  but we all know who the winner is when Popeye has his Spinach :)
Although the trees are still bare Central Park is beautiful.  It was also J's birthday that day so we had a nice birthday walk.


When we walked toward the lake around 72nd Street, we saw all the row boats on the lake and decided to recreate the scene from the Little Mermaid, when Eric and Ariel go on a row boat and Sebastian and the pond creatures sing Kiss the Girl.  Here's the website if you want more information for the row boats.

I was intimidated by the the row boat because my last experience of row boating was terrible (I couldn't row the boat anywhere and it was the hardest thing ever... but then again I was really little).  As an adult, it was a breeze.  It took a little bit to get comfortable with the navigating around the pond (especially when there were 30 other little boats in the pond) but I had a great time... and guys... rowing little boats are surprisingly easy and really fun!  So far on this trip to NYC, I think the row boat was my favorite activity, we were there around 5:30PM and the sun was starting to set... and the whole scenery was magical...  I almost felt like Ariel without all my pond creature friends.
Here are pictures from our romantic adventure (the scene being romantic... not sister bonding time)

A shot from the West Side... of one of the most expensive apartments in Manhattan.

The Sun is setting and the fellow boaters on the pond.
Can you feel the magic?

Pretty Bridge
A view from the edge of the lake.


C'est si bon!







No comments:

Post a Comment