Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Farmer in the city


I think living in Los Angeles has made me more into a farmer than living in New York City. I've been researching goats for future goats milk beauty products. And I would love love love to have a bee hive. It is pretty expensive to start up a bee hive because you need to buy a bee hive and all the bee keeping supplies.. but it's a total of about 500 dollars without shipping.
but that's unlimited fresh organic honey and bees wax... but it'll be an investment i'll have to keep this in mind for the future.
And I know for sure my parents or my neighbors wouldn't want a bee hive in their backyard... super sad. Maybe if I bribe them with honey they'd be okay with it.

But how amazing would it be to have fresh honey, homemade candles, lip balm, creams, and soaps? ahhhhh

Los Angeles what have you done to this city girl?

Also there was an informative article in the nytimes about beekeeping you should check it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment