Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Brooklyn Botanical Garden

The sisters and I went to the Botanical Garden in Brooklyn to check out the beginning of the Cherry Blossom season.

Although we're a month early we had hoped that with such warm weather the whole cherry blossom field would be in full bloom, but i think in two weeks the flowers will have bloomed.

Kronkins, my baby sister, loved the (budding) cherry blossoms and J, second oldest, loved magnolias. I've always been enchanted by the koi pond in the Japanese Garden.

I liked the fact that these apple blossoms looked like floral tentacles... or furry poodle legs.




Hanami (the Cherry Blossom viewing) starts early May and the museum is free on Tuesdays and Saturdays (10AM - 12AM).

And a friend told me it's a lot nicer to visit the gardens because they're less crowded than Prospect Park.


A picture of me... looking angry in the flower bush.

No comments:

Post a Comment