Saturday, April 10, 2010

When food is cutie

My friend Jen who writes for the blog A Beautyful Sentiment posted the cutest blog post about her little tangerine named Martha (in case you were wondering yes 'twas inspired by Martha Stewart).
I think if you put a face on any kind of fruit or vegetable I'll be a happy person.  Since I'm a pescatarian ( I only eat fish and vegetables)... I love animals (you can probably tell because I'm probably going to get a goat some time later this month), so I don't like eating food that already have faces.

My sisters and I love looking up blogs where people come up with crazy ideas for food. 
... and sometimes I wished when I was a kid that my mom would pack me lunches that look like this:
I'd be so excited to open my lunch bag every lunch time... 
And even though Kirby and Yoshi don't really hang out (except in super smash bros)... this bento is pretty amazing!  On the plus side I'd be the coolest kid in school and everyone would want to trade their delicious snack packs for a bite of this amazingness.

And on the same website with this bento was this a Kirby cake.  I love Kirby... but this cake makes me really sad :'(.
How could they do something like this so cute?!?  But the tear drops are cute... I'll give them that.

However I found the cutest bento for me...  Is it wrong that I want to live in there with all my bento-animal friends?
What more can a girl ask for?  Domo Kun's already hanging out, some Hamtaro characters... and everyone just looks so happy...  (but then again I'd feel really bad eating such cuties).

I'm going to go to Clinton Street Bakery for breakfast... and I'll think about eating my bento friends while eating deliciousness at the Diabetes Paradise.  Pancakes with maple butter brown sugar pecan syrup anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Awww you featured Martha! I'm sure she's proud to now be on two blogs :).

    Btw your soaps looks great, can't wait to see how they turn out once fully cured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have develop my soap making skills and send you some... but if you come to LA we can have a soap making party!!!
    hint hint...

    ReplyDelete